Sunday, July 16, 2017

Charlevoix to Leland

In order to enter Round Lake at Charlevoix you need to go under a bridge with a clearance of 17', little low for us, the bridge opens on the hour and half hour, so it isn't much of a wait.  We headed for Lake Charlevoix and dropped anchor in Oyster Bay and spent pleasant 2 days.
Our next stop was Leland and it turned out to be a long day with following seas on our back quarter in 4-6 footers.  That angle is constant pitching with a little side to side twist over and over and ........ Well I'm sure you have been there. 
Took me a while to get my land legs back.  
Leland turned out to be a great town for us, which was good because we ended up staying 5 days due to the weather.  The Chicago-Mackinac race is in progress and I feel bad for those guys, it's a little rough out there.  
So on to the town....

This looked familiar, saw it in a little bookshop, although the shopkeeper hadn't heard of any children actually asking for the free puppy.  

I want one of those signs

I think he's starting to relax.
He's the love of my life.

This photo doesn't do justice to what I am trying to project.  There are parts of Leland that remind me of a waterfront Diagon Alley (for Harry Potter fans). This particular sidewalk is actually off the main drag like a little alley with picturesque shops on either side.


These are photos of the Leland River after the falls and just before it enters Lake Michigan, the middle one was taken from the Cove, a great bar and restaurant overlooking the river.
I also found a real live Sperry Shoe Store and we were helped by the owner of the store who knows her shoes!  I always stop when I can find a shoe store specializing in Sperry shoes and bought a pair of sandals.   
We spent less time on the history of the town and more on boat chores, provisioning and socializing (lots of socializing) with some great people.

On to Frankfort~~~~→


No comments:

Post a Comment